WCISC Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for all participants of WCISC. Event organizers will enforce this code and expect cooperation from all WCISC participants (e.g., speakers, attendees, media, sponsors, exhibitors, volunteers, staff) to help us promote a safe and enjoyable WCISC experience for everyone.
All determinations of acceptable and/or unacceptable behavior are at the sole discretion of the event organizer and its representatives. Decisions made by onsite event organizers will be considered final.
Acceptable WCISC Behavior
Acceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- demonstrating good manners by being considerate, respectful, and courteous to those in attendance;
- being mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants;
- refraining from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech; and
- promptly alerting event organizers if you notice a potentially dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable WCISC Behavior
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct and/or wearing clothing not suitable for a professional work environment (e.g., provocative).
Harassment and unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments (e.g., related to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability);
- use of nudity (e.g., sexual or lewd images);
- deliberate intimidation or stalking;
- harassing photography or recording;
- intentional disruption of presentations or other events;
- inappropriate physical contact (e.g., unwelcome sexual advances, groping, sexual assault);
- physical, written, verbal or other abuse (e.g., threats, annoyance, pushing, shoving or physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates anxiety or apprehension in an individual), as determined by the event organizer and its representatives, in their sole discretion;
- boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or content (e.g., containing profanity, obscene gestures, or slurs (e.g., racial, religious, gender, ethnic);
- possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which may cause danger to others if used inappropriately;
- possessing alcoholic beverages in areas not specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol;
- possessing any illegal substance (e.g., narcotics);
- smoking and vaping- other than in designated areas;
- assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in offensive behavior;
- failing to obey any rules or regulations of the venue; and/or
- failing to adhere to WCISC representative’s instruction.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated. Anyone engaged in unacceptable behavior is subject to expulsion from WCISC without warning or refund and/or banishment from future WCISC events.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being treated poorly, or have additional concerns, please contact a member of the WCISC team or the RBC Convention Centre staff.
We expect participants to follow this Code of Conduct at the WCISC venue, any external venue affiliated with WCISC and/or WCISC ancillary or social events (e.g., such as the reception). The policy may be revised at any time by the WCISC organizer and is non-negotiable. In the event of an emergency situation, please contact local authorities immediately.